Friday, April 10, 2009

"Box Seats at the Concert"

Original Oil on Canvas by Wildlife Artist Joanne Miller-Petko
24" x 36"
Click on Image for Detail
I painted this piece when I lived in Houston, TX at the suggestion of some of my friends who are frog enthusiasts. My works usually have more serious leanings - but as "Box Seats" should evidence - I take even my whimsy seriously. It is time to clear up some space and I wanted to explore the potential for offering my work this way.
This is the first time I have ever tried to sell anything on eBay. I've had works in numerous shows - juried and invitational - and that is the way I am accustomed to selling my paintings. But no matter how well attended these events tend to be - offering artworks on eBay would, unquestionably, give me a wider viewing potential. I also like the idea of offering this work with 10% of the proceeds going to the cause for Wildlife Protection and Preservation. (And amphibians have served to alert us so eloquently over the last couple of decades to the fact that our eco-system is becoming ever, and ever more fragile!)
It should also be noted that this painting has appeared in print and separations have been offered in various ways. This should certainly not detract from the original, but rather, enhance its value.

No comments:

Post a Comment